Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I have so many things I want to post. It seems like there is nothing, then all at once, there is a ton. This has really been a fun thing for me. One of my goals with staying home was to become computer savy. Believe me, I'm still learning and I do cuss but I'm trying. This last weekend was Labor Day and Papa Ron's b-day party. Every year we get together for the Owen Camp Fest. It is always filled with adventure and fun. One year it was killing squirrel with sling shots, this year was mud, rain, and 4-wheeling. Kevin had to work so we were late getting up to Cottonwood. I have to admit, I was dragging my feet. The first night we had just enough time to eat dinner and go to bed. The next day we went for a 4-wheeler ride. We had a great time. We also found a spring and did a little hiking.(One hill, but it counts). When we got back the weather took a turn for the worse. The rain started to fall. We all packed into Papa and Nana's trailer to stay dry. Munchies and Boondoggling filled our afternoon. The rain just wouldn't let up so we decided to break camp. Everyone was soaked to the bone, tearing down tents and cleaning up.
We all met back and Papa and Nana's for a sleep over in the warm, dry house. We had a great time. Thanks so much Papa and Nana for all your planning.

1 comments:

Darcie said...

That looks like a fun trip. The weather has gotten so cool I dont know if there is going to be any more camping. I didn't know people still did boondoggles. Are you going to try to sell them to earn money for college, DEB?(napoleon dynamite)j/k, I am a dork